Maintain Optimal Health and Energy with Workplace Ergonomics
Workplace ergonomics is the scientific study of how the work environment and processes can adapt so that workers can function at their best.
Maintaining a safe workplace boosts work efficiency and productivity. Healthy employees perform better and are more satisfied with their work than workers with health problems.
Unhealthy work practices and unsafe work environments lead to work-related injuries such as musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
Risk Factors at Work
Avoid these work-related risk factors:
- Exerting forceful movement
- Unsupported and awkward posture when working
- Repetitive movements
- Prolonged sitting and standing sessions without breaks
- Constant stretching, lifting, pulling, and pushing
- Working in extremely hot or cold temperatures
- Working under poor lighting conditions
Workplace Ergonomics Tips
Workplace ergonomics does not have to be complicated. Improve your work posture and observe these practical day-to-day ergonomics applications to help lower the risk of work-related injuries and increase productivity:
- Work in your comfort zone. Use a footrest or lower your chair so that your feet are not dangling and rest well.
- Reduce neck and arms stress by sitting on a chair with armrest and support.
- Maintain a neutral posture by sitting on a chair with adequate back or lumbar spine support.
- Improve your posture by sitting straight and placing both feet on the ground.
- Reduce turning and twisting movements. Place the mouse, keyboard, computer monitor, and other essential things directly in front of you for easy reach.
- Prevent neck and back strain by positioning the computer screen at eye level.
- Reduce fatigue and improve coordination, balance, and posture by taking regular breaks. Stretch your legs, back, hands, and shoulders during break time.
- Reduce eye strain by providing adequate lighting in your workstation.
Optimal Health and Energy with Chiropractic Care
Complement improving your work posture with regular chiropractic care for increased work productivity and health benefits.
Chiropractic care will minimize nerve and spinal stress and reduce the recurrence of past injuries.
Your Orlando, Florida chiropractor doctors provide a range of chiropractic services to slow down the degenerative process, help prevent the occurrence of MSDs, and ensure your overall health and wellness.
If you want to experience the benefits of chiropractic care at Mattia Spinal Care & Rehab Center, call us today at (407) 909-4788 or schedule an appointment online.